Ken Monks's STEENROD Program Page
This page contains my program, "STEENROD", a Maple package for computing with
the Steenrod algebra. The version below also includes an extremely efficient
algorithm by Vince Giambalvo for
computing the Milnor basis elements in a given grading of A or An having a
prescribed maximum excess. The current version has been tested with Maple 11.
Here are the latest versions of the:
Please send any questions, comments, suggestions, or bugs to the author.
Installation instructions (Windows)
- To install the Steenrod package follow the installation instructions for
the Chaos package.
The current version of the STEENROD package can:
- Compute the coproduct map in A and A* (the dual).
- Compute the product map in A, A*, and tensor products of A, A*
- Compute chi in both A and A*
- Compute the action of A on the polynomial ring Z_2[x1,x2,...,xs]
- Compute the action of the Kristensen stripping operations on A
- Convert a sum of monomials in Sq(i) to the admissible basis using the Adem relations
- Convert between the Milnor and admissible monomial bases
- Compute the excess, degree, and May weight of elements of A
- Find all of the elements of A in a given grading in either the Milnor or admissible
- Compute the nilpotence height of an element of A
- Determine if an element of A is in A(n) or not
In addition it contains a collection of:
- Number Theoretic Functions (like alpha, nu_2, etc)
- Linear Algebra mod 2 (a complete set of matrix routines to work mod 2)
- Dickson Algebra Utilities (for computing in the Dickson algebra)